Thursday, July 15, 2010

A trip inside my head!

So ever since I have been a little kid I have had trouble reading signs propler. I glance, I think they say one thing, and low and behold they say another...This has led to some very embarassing times growing up. There are 2 very specific ones I remember. The first one being a sign on a golf course that I SWORE read, "No snowballs on golf course." NOW i'm sure you are all smart enough to know that that sign REALLY read,"No SNOWMOBILES on golf course." That one happened when I was about 7ish. So the other major one happend when I was VERY little like 5 or younger and we always drove past this sign going up north or home. Below is a picutre of that very sign...

I know its a little distance away but in case you missed it it says, "Imaly City ALMONT (and it used to say 1mile) now... Judging from what this sign says I'm sure you can figure out that I always read it as, "Imaly City ALMOST 1 mile"...below you will see the new sign that is posted...I like to think they posted it this way for me and me alone!!! :)



1 comment:

  1. Hahaha that's funny, but I can see why you would think that. At first glance it does look like it says almost. However, while it may be obvious to YOU that there should be no snowmobiles on the golf course, I think SNOWBALLS makes MUCH more sense...but that's just me. Incindentally, whenever I see the Imlay City sign it always makes me think of the Wizard of Oz...you know, Imlay City, Emerald City...ok ok, random I know...it's the ADHD kicking in again...

    ReplyDelete